The ducts in your home are like the veins and arteries of your heating and air conditioner. Carrying all the heated and cooled air is a huge responsibility, which is why making sure that you get good ductwork installation, repair, and maintenance is so important. Here at Hood Canal Heating & Cooling, our ductwork specialists have over 150 years of combined experience, which means that they have the skills and knowledge to provide you with the quality of service that you deserve. Whether you need to have a brand new system installed or you need to have your current ductwork replaced or repaired, just give us a call. We can work with any type of duct system that you have and we specialize in fast, honest, and reliable workmanship. Contact us today to talk with one of our ductwork specialists about any services that you need.
The ductwork specialists at Hood Canal Heating and Cooling offer quality repair, installation and maintenance services throughout Mason County, Kitsap County, Thurston County, Jefferson County and Pierce County.
Types of Ductwork
There are a number of different types of ductwork that are available for homeowners to choose from. Our ductwork specialists can install, repair, or replace any type of ducts that you might have. Here’s a quick list of some of the more popular types of ducts.
- Flexible – This type of ductwork is very common in homes because it is easy to install. Because the duct is flexible, it can be maneuvered easily by the installer.
- Rigid duct board – Another common type of ductwork is rigid duct board. This type of ductwork is lined on the inside with fiberglass and then lined on the outside with insulating foil.
- Metal ductwork – Aluminum ductwork is often used in commercial buildings but can still be found in homes. Usually, this type of ductwork needs to be planned out in advance by the builder and homeowner.
Common Ductwork Repair services
While your ductwork tends to operate undisturbed in your attic, there are a few different issues that can arise. If you need ductwork repair services in, just contact the friendly technicians at Hood Canal Heating & Cooling. Check out this quick list of some of the more common ductwork repairs that we do.
- Leaks – If your ducts weren’t installed properly, it can cause them to rub against each other or to rub against your ceiling joists and wear a hole.
- Unnecessary bends – The straightest distance between two points is a straight line. With ductwork installation, the installer should try to map out the ductwork so that it takes the fewest possible turns. But if you have extra turns, it could reduce the efficiency of your system.
- Collapsed ducts – Sometimes, the ductwork in your ceiling can become collapsed or crushed. This will restrict the flow of air through the system and could result in higher energy usage and less comfort.
Ductwork Installation Services
One of the best things that you can do for your ductwork is to get professional ductwork installation services in v. Poor installation is the most common cause of ductwork problems. Because your ductwork just sits in your attic and carries air, there is little that can cause it to break down. But if it isn’t installed right, it can cause huge problems for your home’s comfort and the efficiency of your air conditioning and heating system. Give us a call here at Hood Canal Heating & Cooling and we can provide with the services that you need. We can also fabricate some custom ductwork for you in our sheet metal department.
When you call us for ductwork installation, we don’t just show up, install the ductwork, and then leave. We work with you from start to finish and help you pick out the right ductwork that fits your home’s needs and your budget. We also make sure that we get the proper sized ductwork. Another common cause of air conditioning and heating problems is ductwork that is too small or too big. If it’s too small, your AC and heater will have to work overtime to shove air through the small ducts. If the ductwork is too large, then your system might not be able to push air through them.
If you’re interested in ductwork installation, repair or maintenance services, just call the ductwork specialists at Hood Canal Heating & Cooling. We can repair any issue that you might be having and we can also install a brand new set of ductwork in your home as well.