Your ducts have a huge responsibility: all of the air that you pay to cool or heat has to travel through your ducts in order to get to the various rooms in your home. If there are any holes in your ducts, it can allow a ton of that air to leak outside. Not only is this incredibly wasteful but it also reduces the comfort of your home. Call us here at Hood Canal Heating & Cooling if you suspect that your ducts are leaking and you need duct sealing services. We’ve been in business for over 15 years and are dedicated to the quality of work that we do and the satisfaction of our customers. We treat your home like it’s our own which is why we wear protective covering on our feet while we’re inside and why we take such great care to provide you with the level of customer service that you deserve. Call us today and one of our friendly duct cleaning specialists will be able to answer any questions that you might have.
The duct sealing specialists at Hood Canal Heating and Cooling offer quality services throughout Mason County, Kitsap County, Thurston County, Jefferson County and Pierce County.
Signs You Need Duct Sealing Services
Since your ducts are likely installed in your ceiling it can be hard to tell if you need duct sealing services. Duct leaks are often caused by poor installation, old age or outside forces like rodents and insects. Make sure that you keep an eye out for the following signs that could indicate that your ducts are leaking.
- Noises – If you hear flapping, whistling, rumbling, or any other unusual sounds coming from your ducts, it might mean that there are holes in them.
- Odors – Holes in your ducts would likely mean that external odors could get in. If you smell foul odors when you run your AC or heater, you may need duct sealing.
- Inefficiency – Keep an eye on your utility bills as they can often be a clue in determining how efficient your air conditioning and heating systems are operating. If you see that your bills are on the rise even though your usage has stayed the same it could be the fault of leaking ducts.
- Not enough cooling – One of the most common calls for repair that we get is about an air conditioning or heating system that isn’t producing enough heating or cooling. While this is often the fault of the AC or heating equipment, it can sometimes be caused by leaks in the ducts.
Duct Sealing Services
So what benefits can you expect from getting duct sealing service? There are actually tremendous benefits to homeowners that choose to get their ducts sealed.
- Improved efficiency – Duct leaks can allow a ton of heated or cool air to escape outside, which requires your AC or heater to work that much harder to make up the air that was lost. This extra effort greatly reduces the efficiency of the system.
- Improved comfort – If your ducts are leaking heated or cooled air, it likely means that your home won’t be as comfortable as it should be.
- Improved air quality – Another detriment of leaking ducts is that it can allow outside contaminants to get in which can reduce the air quality of your home.
Duct Sealing Technicians
If you think that your home’s ducts are leaking, call Hood Canal Heating & Cooling today for duct sealing Services. Our duct sealing technicians have over 150 years of combined experience and they are completely dedicated to your satisfaction and to the comfort of your home.