Duct Repair & Replacement
You may not realize it but your ducts take a lot of abuse as they guide the air from your heater or air conditioner throughout your home. Over time, all that use can lead to duct repair or replacement because of collapses, pinches, blockages, or leaks. If you suspect that your ducts are having any problems, make sure that you call the friendly duct repair specialists at Hood Canal Heating & Cooling. We have over 15 years of experience working with all different kinds of duct systems and we specialize in quickly diagnosing and fixing duct problems. Whether you just need parts of your ducts repaired or you need the entire system replaced, we can get it done. We are dedicated to our customers’ satisfaction and when we’re in your home, we treat it like it was our own. That’s one of the reasons why the majority of our business comes from referrals from satisfied customers. Call us today to talk with one of our friendly duct repair specialists about any duct services that you need.
The duct specialists at Hood Canal Heating and Cooling offer quality repair and replacement services throughout Mason County, Kitsap County, Thurston County, Jefferson County and Pierce County.
Signs You Need Duct Repair Services
Ductwork is usually installed in the ceiling or under the floor, which makes it hard to tell if there are any problems with it. Keep an eye out for any of the following signs that could indicate that you need to call for duct repair or replacement services.
- Odors – If you notice that when you turn on your air conditioning or heater that foul odors come through the registers, it could mean that you need to repair leaks or cracks in your ducts. It could also mean that you have bacteria growing in your ducts and you just need them cleaned.
- Noises – When you hear noises like rumbling, rattling, or whistling it could mean that you need to have your ducts repair or replaced.
- Efficiency – Watch your energy usage bills and if you see that they are increasing without an increase in your usage, it could mean that your ducts are collapsed, pinched or clogged in some way.
When to Replace or Repair your Ducts
Sometimes it can be hard to tell whether you should have your ducts repaired or replaced. If you’re having any doubts about your ducts, just call Hood Canal Heating & Cooling. Our professional duct repair technicians have years of experience and they can work with you to figure out if you need duct repair or replacement services. But here are some things that could indicate that you should replace your ducts.
- Mold growth – If you have flexible ductwork and it develops mold growth, you will most likely need to replace the whole duct system since that type of ductwork can’t be easily cleaned.
- Pervasive cracks – If you have older ductwork that has developed cracks and leaks throughout it, then it would likely be more cost–effective to just pull the old ductwork out and replace it. Not only that, but by getting new ductwork you would almost certainly improve the efficiency of your home.
- Bad installation – Poor duct installation is one of the leading cause of duct problems. If the builder of your home didn’t plan out the ductwork carefully, there could be extra bends in it, collapsed sections, and tears. In some cases, the existing ductwork can just be re–engineered and re–mapped but sometimes this could cause the need for duct replacement.
Duct Repair and Replacement Services
If you’ve been having any problems with your ducts just call Hood Canal Heating & Cooling for good quality duct repair and duct replacement services in. We are fully licensed, bonded and insured for your protection and our duct repair technicians always water protective coverings on their feet and put down drop–clothes to keep your floor clean.